SAN MIGUEL DE TUCUMÁN
Founded in 1565, San Miguel de Tucuman has played a determining role in the Argentine history: it was there that the Congress which declared Argentine independence gathered on July 9th 1816, in a white house which we can visit, the Casa de la Independencia. In the evening a sound and light show display these historical days. Univesity city, San Miguel de Tucuman is the fifth Argentine city. Independence park is the heart of the city with its cypresses, its orance trees and its palm trees. In the center of the city there are many remarkable churches, like the basilica San Francisco, built at the end of the XIX century.